Professor Douglas LeithChair of Computer Systems
- Two Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Privacy and Data Analytics. Posted: Aug 2020.
- We've just launched a new appFirewall measurement study on privacy in Apple Macbooks, it'd be great if you'd like to participate: more details here. Posted: May 2020.
- Tech report: Web Browser Privacy: What Do Browsers Say When They Phone Home? (24th Feb 2020, updated 19th March 2020).
Covid-19 Contact Tracing Apps:
- Tech report: Coronavirus Contact Tracing App Privacy: What
Data Is Shared By The Singapore OpenTrace App? (28th April 2020)
Update 27th June 2020: Accepted for SecureComm 2020.
See also: Podcast and Short Talk at IEEE Security & Privacy Conference, May 2020
- Tech report: Coronavirus Contact Tracing: Evaluating The Potential Of Using Bluetooth Received Signal Strength For Proximity Detection (6th May 2020)
Update 18th Aug 2020: Accepted for ACM Computer Communications Review.
Measurement data from this report. See also news reports in: Science, New Scientist
- Tech report: A Coronavirus Contact Tracing App Replay Attack with Estimated Amplification Factors (19th May 2020)
- Tech report: Measurement-Based Evaluation Of Google/Apple Exposure Notification API For Proximity Detection In A Commuter Bus (15th June 2020)
Measurement data from this report. See also news reports in: BBC News, Irish Times, Irish Examiner, Telegraph.
- Tech report: GAEN Due Diligence: Verifying The Google/Apple Covid Exposure Notification API (16th June 2020)
Update 23rd August 2020: Accepted for Corona Defcon21 Workshop, part of NDSS 2021
- We were invited to make a submission to the Oireachtas (the Irish parliament) committee that is considering Ireland's response to the pandemic. Our submission is here (16 June 2020).
- Tech report: Measurement-Based Evaluation Of Google/Apple Exposure Notification API For Proximity Detection In A Light-Rail Tram (26th June 2020)
Update 16th Sept 2020: Accepted for publication in PLOS ONE
Measurement data from this report. See also some German news coverage: Heise, Deutsches Arzteblatt, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Bild
- Countries using the Google/Apple API publish the TEKs of the handsets of infected people. We've started to monitor these to track trend, see here. (28th June 2020)
- We've made available the GAEN Logger app that we used for testing/verification of Google/Apple API operation, although it also highlights how people running apps based on the Google/Apple API need to be aware of how that might affect their privacy.
- I was invited to take part in an interesting online panel discussion on contact tracing apps organised by the German National Academy of Science, video of proceedings (15th July 2020)
- New Tech report: Contact Tracing App Privacy: What Data Is Shared By Europe's GAEN Contact Tracing Apps (18th July 2020)
Some news coverage: Wall St Journal, Bloomberg, Heise, ZDF, Irish Independent, thejournal.ie, Irish Times, Hill Times Canada, Saldo.ch
Predictive Analytics & Decision Making Under Uncertainty
Multipath Transport and Coded TCP
And some links for students ...