Find more about contact information for me.
Some recent Publications are here.
I have some final year projects on offer (see the projects page). In my experience many of the best projects come from ideas that the student is passionate about, so if you have a project idea that you want to discuss please get in touch.
My teaching commitments in the 2016-2017 academic year are:
- CS4012, Topics in Functional Programming (Semester 1. Teaching materials on BlackBoard)
- CS2013/CS3013 Software Engineering group project (Semester 2. Joint teaching with Inmaculada Arnedillo Sanchez). Teaching materials on BlackBoard.
I've taught on several different programmes over the years, modules include:
- CS7025: Programming for Digital Media, an M.Sc. level course covering programming, simple web development, and some mobile development for the M.Sc. in Interactive Digital Media (from 2005 to 2015, and I also served as course director for this degree from 2012 to 2015)
- CS4011: Functional Programming (2009 and 2010) (which later was offered in two parts as CS3016 & CS4012)
- CS3016: Introduction to Functional programming (2011)
- CS3D5: Software Design and Construction (2001-2011)
- CS262: Computer Science II (2001-2002)
- CS2E3: Computer Science II (2003-2004)
- MM106: Introduction to Programming (2005-2006)
- MM107: Client/Server Programming (2006-present)
- 1CS1: Computer Science I (2006)
- An accelerated introduction to functional programming course I designed and ran several times (before we had suitable core modules in the subject).
- I also had some involvement with the 2BA2 Algorithms and datastructures course
Some photographs on flickr.
I am involved with the Irish Free Software Organisation.