Find more about contact information for me.
Some recent Publications are here.
I have some final year projects on offer (see the projects page). In my experience many of the best projects come from ideas that the student is passionate about, so if you have a project idea that you want to discuss please get in touch.
My teaching commitments in the 2020-2021 academic year are:
- CS4012, Topics in Functional Programming (Semester 1. Teaching materials on BlackBoard)
- CSU22E10, Engineering Project IV (Semester 2, materials on BlackBoard). Co taught with Francois Pitie and (over the years) John Waldron and Kerstin Ruhland
I've taught on several different programmes over the years, modules include:
- 2E10: Engineering Project IV (2017-)
- CS2013/CS3013 Software Engineering group project. (2012-2017) Joint teaching with (over the years) Tim Savage (with whom I originaly designed the course), Colin Harris, and Inmaculada Arnedillo Sanchez). Teaching materials on BlackBoard.
- CS4012: Topics in Functional Programming (2011-)
- CS3016: Introduction to Functional programming (2011) (co-taught with Andrew Butterfield)
- CS4011: Functional Programming (2009 and 2010) (which later was offered in two parts as CS3016 & CS4012), co-taught with Andrew Butterfield with whom I designed the course.
- MM107: Client/Server Programming (2006-2015)
- 1CS1: Computer Science I (2006)
- CS7025: Programming for Digital Media, an M.Sc. level course covering programming, simple web development, and some mobile development for the M.Sc. in Interactive Digital Media (from 2005 to 2015, and I also served as course director for this degree from 2012 to 2015)
- MM106: Introduction to Programming (2005-2006)
- CS2E3: Computer Science II (2000 with Vincent Wade,2003-2004)
- CS3D5: Software Design and Construction (2001-2011)
- CS262: Computer Science II (2001-2002)
- An accelerated introduction to functional programming course I designed and ran several times (before we had suitable core modules in the subject).
- I also had some involvement assisting with the 2BA2 Algorithms and datastructures course for Hugh Gibbons
Some photographs on flickr.
I am involved with the Irish Free Software Organisation.