- 9-10am Monday Lecture in LB01 Lloyd Building
- 4-5pm Monday Lecture in LB01 Lloyd Building
- 10-11am Friday Lecture LB04 Lloyd Building
5 ECTS module corresponds to about 100-125 hours of study time. This includes the 30+ hours of lectures organised on campus that students have to attend. Other sources of information are available to help you (e.g. online ressources such as webpages, videos, MOOCs, and books in TCD libraries). Be creative and independent to build up your skills!
Contacting the lecturer
Emails from students in my taught modules are automatically deleted without being read for logistic and time management reasons. Ask questions during classes so be there!
Playing with data is an important part of Statistics modules. Help is given on this webpage for using R in the context of time series. It is advised to do this labs on your own study time to get to be familiar with using R for forecasting.
All lecturenotes may not be available electronically. It is advised to come to classes and take notes. A few handouts will be available below. Some incomplete Lecturenotes are available.
There are a lot of books on time series, forecasting in the Library that are relevant to the course. Below the first book is given as an example reference. It is available in the library and most of the time series used in the labs are explained in that book.
- W6: (Monday bank Holiday)
- W7: Reading week
- W8: In-class test 25%
- W12: In-class test 25%
Exam/AssessmentFirst session 100% Assessment (no exam in Trinity term 2018):
- 2 in-class tests (25% each) in weeks 8 and 12 (50 minutes, on Mondays 9am lectures).
- Individual time series analysis: report + R code + time series to submit on blackboard (Monday 8th January 2018)
- Repeat Exam 100% (Michaelmas term 2018)
After exam results
Read What if I want my examination re-checked? and What if I wish to appeal my results?. Request to see script should be made to the SCSS Teaching Unit ( teaching-unit @ scss.tcd.ie ) with the following information:
- Exam number of the student
- Code of the module (e.g. ST3010)
- Exam session (e.g. Trinity term, Michaelmas term (supplementals))
Note that marks can not be haggled or changed for other reasons than specified in TCD calendar: a third party (staff member other than lecturer) will also be there monitoring this meeting. Such meeting is not an opportunity for a private tutoring session nor for getting tips for supplementals.