PhD Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence 2021 September 13
The selected student will be employed by IBM for the duration of the PhD and be registered a PhD student in TCD, resulting in the following benefits:
- Access to resources and expertise both at IBM Research and the TCD ADAPT Centre
- Research experience in both private and public sectors
- A substantial PhD Salary (>30,000 euro)
- Full TCD PhD programme fees (EU or non-EU level) paid
Potential PhD topic:
The general area for the PhD focus will be Data Security and Privacy.
Topics of interest include: proactive and (semi-)automated data privacy compliance; vocabularies, ontologies and knowledge graphs for semantic representations and reasoning over compliance frameworks (e.g., GDPR); just-in-time generation of datasets in zero-trust environments; recommender systems for data privacy compliance; novel measures for data privacy risks and vulnerabilities; customisations for specific industries (e.g., healthcare, finance, insurance).
- MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related area (min 2.1 grade or equivalent).
- Strong software development (Python or Java) skills.
- Experience and interest in data security and privacy requirements is a must, interest in compliance frameworks is a bonus.
- Expertise and interest in knowledge graph/semantic web technologies or data mining/machine learning applications preferred.
- Previous scientific publication experience preferred.
How to apply
As part of your application, you will be required to submit the following via https://forms.gle/Cgtax1SiuHhTgs4PA
- A Cover letter (800 words max) including
- A personal letter of motivation, indicating why you wish to conduct this research project offered by IBM and TCD, and why you expect that you will be able to complete the research successfully; (500 words maximum)
- The letter should include a summary of your ideas (300 words maximum) for how you would approach your particular topic of interest in the proposed research challenge data security and privacy area.
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including – if applicable – relevant publications;
Details of your final year undergraduate project (if applicable)
- Details of your MSc project – Applicants without an MSc to provide evidence of any research experience.
- Details of any relevant modules previously taken, at undergraduate and/or Master level.
- Details of any relevant work experience (if applicable).
- Transcripts of degrees
Position is open until filled, but to be considered in the first round of applications, apply by close of business September 24th 2021.