Three Fully Funded PhD positions: Privacy enhanced data analytics, Optimal decision-making using ML, Highly scalable analytics algorithms 2018 May 22
Applications are invited for fully funded PhD positions in the areas of:
• Privacy enhanced data analytics, with a focus on recommender systems and online advertising
• Optimal decision-making incorporating machine learning predictions.
• Highly scalable optimisation/machine learning algorithms
Successful applicants will have excellent mathematical skills - the positions would suit a math graduate looking to gain experience of more applied problems in IT/Data Analytics or an engineering/CS graduate looking to develop their math expertise. Relevant analytic tools include methods from machine learning, probability, stochastic optimisation, decision and queueing theory.
You will be joining a high profile research group with an excellent track record in high impact research. TCD is the leading university in Ireland and SCSS is the top ranked Computer Science department. We have active international visitor programme and students have the opportunity for international and industry exchange visits. See https://www.scss.tcd.ie/doug.leith/ for further details.
These postgraduate positions are open to both EU and international students.
Graduates applying for this position should have the following:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Excellent academic results (first-class honours or equivalent)
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Be motivated to tackle challenging research problems
These postgraduate scholarships are open to Irish, EU and international students and carry a stipend of €18,500 (tax free).
To apply, candidates should submit a detailed CV, transcripts of undergraduate grades and the names and contact details of two referees for letters of recommendation to Prof. Doug Leith, email: email@example.com.
Positions to remain open until filled.