There are core modules in computer-science, linguistics and the chosen language.
There are also modules chosen from a range of options offered by the contributing departments. The optional modules are subject to some variation year-on-year.
Each student also undertakes a final-year project, under the supervision of a member of staff, drawn from one of the contributing departments.
Current students should refer to my.tcd.ie for time tables in French, German and Modern Irish modules.
Modules in Computer Science
Note: All links below in PDF format. These are the core modules
- CS4001: Fuzzy Logic
- CS4003: Formal Methods
- CS4012: Topics in Functional Programming
- CS4021: Advanced Computer Architecture
- CS4031: Mobile Communications
- CS4032: Distributed Systems
- CS4052: Computer Graphics
- CS4053: Computer Vision
- CS4LL5 Advanced Computational Linguistics
Modules in LinguisticsThese are the core modules:
- LI4031 Speech Analysis and Synthesis
- LI4032 Computational Linguistics
- LI4034 Second Language Acquisition
- LI4035 Discourse and Text Analysis
- LI4036 Linguistics Project
Modules in specific language studied
- FR4032 Written Language
- FR4042 Oral skills for CSL
- GR4001 German Language 4
- GR4010 German Translation
- IR4021 Ranganna teagaisc
- IR4013 Leacht
Each student also undertakes a final-year project, under the supervision of a member of staff, drawn from one of the contributing departments