The School of Computer Science and Statistics offers a wide range of undergraduate courses. To find out more, please follow any of the links below:
- Computer Science leads to a BA Moderatorship and a Master in Computer Science (MCS).
- Computer Science and Language (French, German or Irish) combines the study of Computer Science, linguistics and French, German or Irish and leads to a BA Moderatorship.
- Management Science and Information Systems Studies (MSISS) is the study of management sciences, statistics and information and communication technology leading to a BA Moderatorship.
- Computer Science and Business is a joint degree programme combining computer science and business management and leads to a BA Moderatorship.
- Computer Engineering and Electronic and Computer Engineering are specialisms within the Integrated Engineering Programme enabling students to study computing as part of their engineering degree. Both specialisms lead to the degree of MAI.
Please request all transcripts for the above courses at the following email: email@example.com
Did you know?
The School of Computer Science and Statistics (SCSS) ranks in the top 100 universities in the world and the highest in Ireland according to the 2015 QS World University Subject Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems.
The School is noted for establishing computer science as an academic discipline in Ireland.
Nine of the world’s top 10 ICT companies are located in Ireland. Dublin is at the forefront of this industry with its attractive location both for start-ups and for high growth companies seeking to access the European market.
Graduates from the School of Computer Science and Statistics are highly sought after and demand is continuing to grow.
The School collaborates with leading industry players and hosts an annual Computing Careers event where employers meet students from our courses to discuss employment opportunities.
SCSS is host to large-scale national research centres co-funded by Science Foundation Ireland, Enterprise Ireland and industry: ADAPT Centre for Digital Content and Media; CONNECT, Ireland’s research centre for Future Networks; and the Learnovate Centre.
SCSS is also a partner within additional Irish Research Centres: Centre for Data Analytics (INSIGHT), The Irish Software Research Centre (Lero).
SCSS is home to a number of TCD Research Centres: Centre for Computing and Language Studies, Centre for Research in IT in Education, Future Cities, Centre for Creative Technologies.
SCSS fosters innovation through its many successful start-up companies which include Iona Technologies, Havok, Kore, Swrve, Quaternion Labs, LinguaBox, Wifi Guard, CipherApps, Haunted Planet Studios, Haptica, GLANTA, Tolerant Networks, Cara Health, X Communications Ltd, EmpowerTheUser, Insight Statistical Consulting, Xcelerit, wripl and Emizar