This course is delivered on a part-time basis over two years. Lectures are held on campus on Friday afternoons (5-9pm) and Saturday mornings (9-1pm).
- Year 1 consists of four taught modules:
- Pedagogy for Technology Enhanced Learning
- Technologies for Teaching and Learning
- E-Learning Principles and Practice 1
- E-Learning Principles and Practice 2
- and at the end of year 1 Technology and Learning Year 1 Project (Capstone)
- Year 2 consists of two modules:
- A Research Methods module
- A Technology and Learning dissertation
All assessment is via project work, which can be written or involve the development of some piece of multi-media or other software based learning material. Group work is used in some cases and students present their work to their peers. Year 1 finishes off not with an exam but an end of year capstone project the specification for which is “ Do something interesting which shows you learned something ”. The project mirrors that of a full research dissertation – although without the same depth. Most crucially all the project assignments are related to aspects of the end of year assignment.