Undergraduate Programming Centre
Extra-curricular Programming Assistance
Please email your request for programming assistance to email@example.com.
- Attendance at lab sessions run by the UGPC is by appointment only.
- When requesting assistance, please provide us with as much detail as possible, for example:
- a brief but specific description of the nature of the issue
- an example that illustrates the issue (e.g. from lecture material, a text book or a coursework exercise)
- an outline of the work that you have already done on the problem (e.g. any exercise solutions that you have been working on)
- UGPC staff are not allowed to give you direct assistance with an active exercise or assignment that you have been set. We will work instead with related problems, examples from text books or lecture material or with exercises that have already been submitted.
- You may be given an exercise to attempt in advance of your UGPC session, or some material to read. Please make an honest attempt to do this before you attend the UGPC lab.
- When there is high demand for places, it may be necessary to share UGPC resources fairly among requests relating to different modules or courses. Also, more detailed requests (see 2 above) will be given priority.