Microsoft Word (vs. LaTeX) If you work in our group for a longer time (internship student, PhD student, PostDoc) we expect you to use Microsoft Word to write your documents. If you do a one-time project with us and you are the primary author (e.g. Bachelor or Master thesis), it Read more…
The new Docear4Word v1.23 is out as Beta version. Changes are A more detailed error message when there is a parsing error in your BibTeX file. The latest v1.0.517 version of CiteProc-JS has been included. This should finally solve all the sorting and numbering issues. We made some adjustment that Read more…
Today we released Docear4Word 1.2. It contains a few bug fixes. More precisely, we upgraded to the latest citeproc-js version which should fix some ordering problems. In addition, there was a bug that prevented to add the issue number of a reference into the bibliography. That is fixed now. Here Read more…
Docear4Word 1.1 is available for download and it offers two new features that will improve your work with references in Microsoft Word a lot. Actually, we added two new elements to the “Add References” dialog.
The first one is a “Docear->Docear4Word” button. It’s intended for adding several references at once when you have multiple BibTeX keys in our clipboard. And here is how it works: Most references managers (e.g. JabRef and Docear) allow you to select several reference entries from the database and copy their BibTeX keys to the clipboard. That means you have a string like “Cohen05,ritchie2008,Eto12” in your clipboard. Now, when you press the “Docear->Docear4Word” button, Docear4Word will automatically get that string from the clipboard, identify the BibTeX keys and select the references belonging to the keys. This will make inserting several references at once much easier.
Today we released Docear4Word 1.01. The add-on for Microsoft Word allows you to manage your Docear references (and any other references stored as BibTeX) directly within Microsoft Word. Version 1.01 includes the following changes. Download it here!
- Added warning message if a BibTex file is considered corrupt, rather than just ignoring it. (#740, #692)
- BibTex load now also supports CP1252 codepage.
- Unexpected exceptions now logged to the log file. (#740)
- Added workaround for missing BibTex keys. We create a new one of the form “_Unknown_XX” where XX increase with each missing key within the file.
- DEV: Added MLA.csl sample file.
- Fixed bug where the ID was being used instead of the Name.
- Made toolbar dropdown wider.
- Added warning message and instruction when no BibTex database is configured. (#740)
- Parser now copes with no tags present.
- Removed paragraph formatting from within Field code as it influence formatting in the main document.
- JSON is now stored within the Field with space separators and LineFeeds since it could influence formatting in the main document. (#729)
- Updated Citeproc.js to v1.0.426 which fixed these issues:
- Incorrect trimming of punctuation. (#743)
- “Tri-graph” styles not working. (#694)
- Failure to load some styles containing comments.
- BibTex Lexer now supports unix line endings. (#692)
- Issue tag is now supported (#743)
- Fixed bug with Issue and Number casing.