Software Development Intern.
VisibleThread 2022 Software Development Intern Spec
- Want to gain some real-world Software Product development experience in a rapidly growing Irish company?
- Work in a convenient location just minutes from the Trinity Campus? (During the current COVID crisis our team are working remote. A phased return to office is planned in line with Government guidelines)
VisibleThread is a growing technology business that is expanding at a rapid rate. Our goal is to change the way organizations do business by reducing risk, improving efficiencies and ensuring compliance.
Our solution is a Language Analysis Platform powered by data and designed for large corporations. Some of our major customers include Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and the Canadian Government, to name but a few.
We hire energetic, creative, and passionate people who can work together to drive serious value for our customers. We are a fun team, with a flat structure and we offer fantastic career development opportunities to grow within our organisation as we expand.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to work as part of our engineering team and take an active role in product development on new and existing products.
Who you will be working with:
As a new intern you will be working closely with the rest of our expanding engineering team of 9. You will be included at all phases of our workflow as a full engineering member.
One of our senior engineers will act as your mentor, providing you the opportunity to learn from their experience.
As an intern you will get the opportunity to:
- Get hands on experience developing and deploying new features for our analysis platform built on top of our Spring stack.
- Understand, and apply the best practices of software development.
- Interact with our customers and learn how customer requirements evolve into product features.
- Learn about the fundamentals of Web application and network security.
- Take an active part in our Engineering internal knowledge sharing sessions. These sessions allow you to show some of your Engineering interests outside of our stack.
Key technologies we work with:
What we look for:
- Good technical foundation, understanding of the basic principles of software design and web technology, databases etc.
- Linux skills
- Good communication skills
- Individuals who enjoy analytical thinking, problem solving and look for improvement in everything they work with.
Would you recommend VisibleThread to current students seeing internship.? Why.?
I would strongly recommend VisibleThread to any students who are interested in software development. VisibleThread gives you the opportunity to learn a wide range of skills related to web development. My colleagues were extremely accommodating and helpful, ensuring that I got the maximum out of six months I worked there . The internship is a great opportunity to work in a small, supportive and experienced dev team resulting in what was for me an extremely enjoyable and worthwhile experience.- Joseph Carnec – 1st February – 1st August
Absolutely. Having done internships in several companies, VisibleThread stood out to me as an excellent place to be an intern. I was treated as an engineer, a valued member of the team, and was trusted to design and implement customer-facing solutions to unique problems. I continually felt like I was contributing something valuable to the company and its customers, which is not something that every internship can provide.- Cian Nugent McGealy, January-August 2020