Looking for an internship with an innovative company in a growing market, then LexisNexis is the place for you.
LexisNexis Dublin is seeking enthusiastic and energetic Software Engineers who are comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced Agile environment. You will work closely with other members of one of our development teams to solve challenging big data and geographic problems.
Who is LexisNexis?
LexisNexis is a leading global provider of big data solutions to the insurance industry. Here in Dublin our focus is on combining various aspects of spatial data including policy and perils. We allow insurers to see what perils a candidate building is subject to as well as its proximity to previously insured buildings.
What our interns will do?
- Learn about geospatial and big data in both Java and HPCC (open source big data platform)
- Work on real projects. You will push your code to our git repositories for production release
- Work in an Agile environment with exposure to the entire software development lifecycle
- Acquire experience with development tools such as Eclipse, git, maven, Jenkins, etc
- Potential to work with latest versions of cutting edge techs such as AWS, Elastic Search, React, Angular
- Expansion of our use of HPCC big data solution. Training will be provided
- “Blur the lines between Dev and QA” - Automating QA using selenium, cucumber, java, groovy, python etc
- Implementing new custom features
- Enhancing the user interface experience
- Integrating with 3rd party authentication
- Student nearing completion of a computer science or related degree/masters with a track record of success
- Strong analytical, problem solving and computer programming skills
- Paid internship
- Possibility of job offer at the end of the internship. Previous interns are now happily working here
- Modern office in city centre off Stephen’s Green
- Friendly office environment with good camaraderie
- Social club outings, pool table, weekly organised events include: indoor soccer, squash, poker