Computer Systems Discipline
Cognitive Communications Group (CCG)
The Cognitive Communications Group (formerly Conformant Communications Group) is one of the more recently formed Research Groups in the School of Computer Science and Statistics, having been founded in 2005. In the past our members have also aligned with,and contributed to, many of the activities of the Distributed Systems Group.
The CCG is involved in both fundamental and applied research in the domains of:
- Wired and Wireless Networking and Communications
- Wireless Sensor Networking
- "Internet of Things"
- Constrained Communication Infrastructures
- "Green" Networking - including sustainable Wind and Wave Communication, Sensing, Control and Monitoring Infrastructures.
- Network Traffic Management - Active Queue Management and Traffic Shaping strategies
- Media Managment, Control and Dissemination Systems
- Computer Science and Engineering Education
We are very grateful for the support of our current and recent project sponsors, including Science Foundation Ireland, IRCSET EMBARK Initiative, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland and the European Commission FP7 Marie Curie programme.