Conformant Communications Group (CCG)
The Conformant Communications Group is one of the more recently formed Research Groups in the School of Computer Science and Statistics, having been founded in 2005. Our members also participate in many of the activities of the Distributed Systems Group.
The CCG is involved in both fundamental and applied research in the domains of:
- Wired and Wireless Networking and Communications
- Wireless Sensor Networking
- Constrained Communication Infrastructures
- "Green" Networking - including sustainable Wind and Wave Communication, Sensing and Monitoring Infrastructures.
- Network Traffic Management - Active Queue Management and Traffic Shaping strategies
- Media Managment, Control and Dissemination Systems
- Computer Science Education
We are very grateful for the support of our current and recent project sponsors, including Science Foundation Ireland, IRCSET EMBARK Initiative, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland and the European Commission FP7 Marie Curie programme.