- Monday 11am-12 LB107
- Monday 5-6pm LB107
- Wednesday 2-3pm LB08
5 ECTS module corresponds to about 100-125 hours of study time. This includes the 30+ hours of lectures organised on campus that students have to attend. Other sources of information are available to help you (e.g. online ressources such as webpages, videos, MOOCs, and books in TCD libraries). Be creative and independent to build up your skills!
Contacting the lecturer
Emails from students in my taught modules are automatically deleted without being read for logistic and time management reasons. Ask questions during classes so be there!
Simple Linear Regression - Multiple Regression - Regression Diagnostics - Generalised Linear Models
There are a lot of books in the Library that are relevant to the course.
- W1: Introduction, Linear Regression
W2: Multiple Regression : Least Square Estimate, and Standard error
- R code example Multiple Regression with lm() and glm()
- W3: Multiple Regression
W4: Exponential family of distributions
- no lecture Monday 16th October due to Ophelia storm
- Distributions for response variable y, read Chapter 2
- Exercise with distribution
- W5: Case Study: surgery using Bernouilli distribution with logit link function
- W6: (Monday bank Holiday) - tutorial optimisation
- W7: Reading week
- W8: Distributions and Survival Analysis:
- W9: Survival Analysis
- W12: Exam Revisions
- Exam (100%)
After exam results
Read What if I want my examination re-checked? and What if I wish to appeal my results?. Request to see script should be made to the SCSS Teaching Unit ( teaching-unit @ scss.tcd.ie ) with the following information:
- Exam number of the student
- Code of the module (e.g. ST3010)
- Exam session (e.g. Trinity term, Michaelmas term (supplementals))
Note that marks can not be haggled or changed for other reasons than specified in TCD calendar: a third party (staff member other than lecturer) will also be there monitoring this meeting. Such meeting is not an opportunity for a private tutoring session nor for getting tips for supplementals.