- Wednesday 3-4pm, Lect. Salmon.
- Friday 1-3pm, LB08.
5 ECTS module corresponds to about 100-125 hours of study time. This includes the several hours of lectures (30+ for undersgrads, 20+ for postgrads) organised on campus that students have to attend. The new academic year structure is dense and good time management is essential.
Events and probabilities - The laws of probability - Independence and conditional probability - Discrete random variables - Continuous random variables - Multivariate distributions & independence - Moment and characteristic generating functions - The law of averages and the central limit theorem
It is advised to take notes in class. Some past Lecturenotes written by Simon Wilson are available.
- Probability: an Introduction - by Grimmett and Welsh, published by Oxford University Press.
- Introduction to Probability Models - by Ross, published by Academic Press (10th edition).
- Exam 100%
After exam results
Read What if I want my examination re-checked? and What if I wish to appeal my results?. Request to see script should be made to the SCSS Teaching Unit ( teaching-unit @ scss.tcd.ie ) with the following information:
- Exam number of the student
- Code of the module (e.g. ST3010)
- Exam session (e.g. Trinity term, Michaelmas term (supplementals))
Please note that marks cannot be changed for any reasons other than those specified in the TCD calendar.