- Wednesday 3-4pm, Lect. Salmon.
- Friday 1-3pm, LB08.
5 ECTS module corresponds to about 100-125 hours of study time. This includes the 30+ hours of lectures organised on campus that students have to attend. Other sources of information are available to help you (e.g. online ressources such as webpages, videos, MOOCs, and books in TCD libraries). Be creative and independent to build up your skills!
Events and probabilities - The laws of probability - Independence and conditional probability - Discrete random variables - Continuous random variables - Multivariate distributions & independence - Moment and characteristic generating functions - The law of averages and the central limit theorem
It is advised to take notes in class. Some past Lecturenotes written by Simon Wilson are available.
- Probability: an Introduction - by Grimmett and Welsh, published by Oxford University Press.
- Introduction to Probability Models - by Ross, published by Academic Press (10th edition).
- Exam 100%
After exam results
Read What if I want my examination re-checked? and What if I wish to appeal my results?. Request to see script should be made to the SCSS Teaching Unit ( teaching-unit @ scss.tcd.ie ) with the following information:
- Exam number of the student
- Code of the module (e.g. ST3010)
- Exam session (e.g. Trinity term, Michaelmas term (supplementals))
Note that marks can not be haggled or changed for other reasons than specified in TCD calendar: a third party (staff member other than lecturer) will also be there monitoring this meeting. Such meeting is not an opportunity for a private tutoring session nor for getting tips for supplementals.