Organisation of CSU44053 Computer Vision 2020-21
All course material is on the College e-Learning environment (Blackboard). Please go to mymodule.tcd.ie once you are enrolled in this course.
For those considering switching to this option the expected module organisation details are is provided here along with links to the live and prerecorded lectures.
- In the first week there will be two live lectures on Blackboard Collaborate introducing the area of Computer Vision, talking about some sample applications and discussing the organisation, goals and content of the module. I will try to record these sessions in case anyone can not attend at the time. Please remind me to start recording!! There will also be one or two prerecorded lecture sessions. Students should spend time during this week installing Visual Studio, OpenCV & TIPS, and should spend time familiarising themselves with the software. You should do the Introductory Lab which is in the "Assignments and Labs" content area (in Blackboard).
- In normal weeks there will be
- Around 4 prerecorded lecture sessions (15-25 minutes long) will be provided along with mini tests associated with the topics to try to ensure that the material is understood. These are graded AND must be done before the live weekly sessions (or 0 marks are awarded). All students must complete the weekly lecture material and min-tests before the:
- One weekly Q&A discussion session on Blackboard Collaborate. Questions about the lecture material will be discussed with the whole class. I will try to record these sessions in case anyone can not attend at the time. Please remind me to start recording!!
- One weekly tutorial session on Blackboard Collaborate. Applications will be presented to the class as whole and then the class will be split into breakout groups where each group should come up with a solution. I will move from group to group and then after 10-15 minutes we will come back together. Different groups will present their solutions which we will discuss . I will try to record these sessions in case anyone can not attend at the time. Please remind me to start recording!!
- A Discussion Board is provided for the module where issues can be raised and discussed amongst the class. I will actively get involved with the Discussion Board. The discussion board is broken into a number of "forums" and all members of the class can post new threads within these forums or add comments to existing threads. All posts must be respectful of all other participants, and no hurtful / rude / racist / etc posts should ever be made.
- 10% Mini tests. These are very small tests which ask questions relating to the lecture material, each of which should only take a few minutes to complete. You may only submit each test once. Each week the test(s)s have to be done before the scheduled Q&A session to get any marks.
- 40% Assignments. There will be 2 assignments during the semester. The first will be a programming assignment counting for 30% where students must develop a solution to a practical problem, evaluate and write a report. The second will be an exam style question (or questions) counting for 10%.
- 50% Time limited take home exam.
Links for live and prerecorded sessions: