|Job Title: Professor|
|Qualifications: MSc, Dr. techn., FTCD|
|Research Areas: Software performance optimization, embedded systems|
|Courses: CS2014/5 Systems Programming, CS3014 Concurrent Systems I|
|Location: Lloyd Institute 130|
|Phone: (+353 1 896) 3693|
|e-mail: David.Gregg at cs.tcd.ie|
|Postal Address: Prof. David Gregg, School of Computer Science and Statistics, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland.|
I'm a professor in Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin.
My current research deals with low-resource techniques for
deep neural networks, compilers, algorithms, and software
optimization for multicore and vector computers.
My Research interests
- Accelerating deep neural networks on embedded systems
- Program analysis
- Computer arithmetic
- Compiler optimization
- Processor microarchitecture
- Low energy embedded systems
- Virtual machines for implementing high-level languages
- Multi-core parallelism
- Instruction level parallelism
- Vector parallelism
- Domain Specific Languages
- Field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs)
- Experimental algorithmics
Graduate Research Students
Previous Research Students
With current affiliation where known.
- Shixiong Xu, PhD. (Cadence)
- Mark Purcell, MSc. (IBM Research)
- Aravind Vasudevan, PhD (Synopsys)
- Martin Marinov, PhD (SIG)
- Andrew Anderson, PhD (TCD)
- Servesh Muralidharan, PhD (CERN)
- Robert Crosbie, PhD (Amazon)
- Peter Lavin, PhD (TCD)
- Jason McCandless, PhD (Google)
- R. Scott Manley, PhD. (Cray)
- Paul Biggar, PhD. (Founder of CircleCI)
- Kevin Williams, PhD. (The Now Factory)
- Nicholas Nash, PhD. (SIG)
- Yunhe Shi, PhD.
- Colm McSweeney, MSc. (Synopsys)
- Owen Callanan, PhD. (Dell Cloud Computing R&D Centre)
- Daniel Clarke, MSc. (Irdeto)
- Andrew Beatty, MSc. (Galway-Mayo IT)
- Richard Bannister, MSc. (Amazon)
- Kevin Casey, PhD. (NUI Maynooth)
- Brian Davis, MSc. (NUI Galway)
- Global Director for Computer Science, 2020-.
- Junior Academic Progressions Committee, 2015-2018.
School administrative duties
- Head, Discipline of Software and Systems, 2018-.
- SCSS Strategic Planning Group, 2015-2016.
- Head, Discipline of Software Systems, 2014-2018.
- MSc in Computer Science Course Review Committee, 2014-2015.
- Course Director, Structured PhD Programme, 2011-.
- School Research Studentships Coordinator, 2011-.
- Computer Science Programme Course Committee, 2011-.
- Structured PhD Programme Review Committee 2011.
- PhD exam chair 2008-.
- Coordinator of Research Methods programme for Postgraduate Research Students (with Prof. Remenyi) 2007.
- Representative of the junior academic staff on the Executive Commitee of the School of Computer Science and Statistics, 2005-2007.
- Department of Computer Science PhD Workshop 2003-2006.
- New PhD students' introductary event 2004-2006.
- Coordinator of the "20/20 Vision Group" on the long-term future of the School of Computer Science and Statistics 2005-2006.
An auto-generated list of my publications can be found from here.
You can also check out my DBLP page.
engine is a very nice example of the use of some of our research on interpreters in practical applications.
- I am a member of the European Network of Excellence on High Performance and Embedded Architecture
and Compilation (HiPEAC).
- I am a member of Lero - The Irish Software Engineering Research Centre
[Trinity College Dublin]
David.Gregg at cs.tcd.ie